- Solution : Global Trade Restrictions (SPS and TBT)
- Categories : Import Restriction
- Processing Time : 1-3 seconds
- API available : Yes
- Subscription available : Yes
- Data used: 85+ countries' TBT and SPS agreements
Global trade restrictions (Technical Barriers to Trade (TBT) & Sanitary and Phytosanitary Measures (SPS))
The Agreement on the Application of Sanitary and Phytosanitary Measures (SPS Agreement) was created to address this question. SPS measures protect human or animal health from food-borne risks, protect human health from animal-or plant-carried diseases, protect animals and plants from pests or diseases, and prevent or limit damage from the entry, establishment, and spread of pests.
The WTO Agreement on Technical Barriers to Trade (TBT Agreement) aims to ensure that regulations, standards, testing and certification procedures do not lead to the discriminatory treatment of Members or create unnecessary obstacles to trade. To this end, the TBT Agreement strongly encourages WTO Members to use relevant international standards, guides or recommendations as a basis for their regulations and standards. The TBT Agreement covers trade in all goods, both agricultural and industrial, and includes terminology, symbols, packaging, marking and labelling requirements. It does not cover trade in services or government procurement.
- Search by Product name or Product HS Code.
- Filter results by countries affected, keywords associated, or restriction labels.
- 85+ countries' national regulations covered.
- Data visualised in network graphs.